Thursday, June 25, 2009

Catching Up On My Life



Wow - Has it really been that long since I last logged in?

I guess so. Lots of things have been going on. Some good, some fair and some crummy.

*School*

In May at school we learned that several positions in the district would be cut due to the budget shortfall. It would hit each school differently.Staff would be lost at the school I work at.


Laura - our temporary Benchmark teacher would not be returning. What a great young, energetic and motivating teacher. Teaching many reading and math classes, she saw allot of students and helped them feel successful. We shared space on the stage. I hope to see her working soon.



Mandi - a first grade teacher who has a zest for life and the love of all her students. She is cute and the little first grade boys just fell for her. LOL I remember the time Mandi and I met, met. Strangely even though we waved at each other in the halls and said hi; it wasn't until after the first of the year that she started joining the group of us going out. I envy Mandi's youth and enthusiasm. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!


Shawna - Love this lady. She did our behavior room. She is great at that. She has a great personality, works hard and brightens our day with her smile. She will get a job soon. I know it. Plus she will be able to do subbing until the jobs happen.


Bobbie - even though she was only part time she was awesome with the kids at recess and her reading groups. I know I will use her and Shawna when I need to be away from school .


Kim - a lady who came in to do a temporary sub position and hung out with the few of us. She has the luckiest betting hubby around. The few times when we went out and he joined us he would win big on the lottery machines. She is a great lady.


There are others that are moving on to other schools but these are the one that I have spent the most time with, gotten close to and share many laughs with. We will stay in touch during this summer and for a long time.

*Daughter*



Well - she has finally graduated!!! With a major in Sociology and a minor in Planning, Public Planning & Mgmt. I was great to see her walk with her Sociology peers and then go to the main (optional) ceremony. Her best friend since 1st grade that also graduated with a Journalism major. What a thrill that they have been through so many good times together. I am so proud of my daughter. She has done this on her own! With grants, loans and at times working 2 jobs all while carrying a full load. She started the U of O in January of 2006 after having to retake a math class So - calendar wise she finished college in 3 1/2 years! Way to go!!!

Her plans for the future? Well - she is thinking about moving to Chicago to get away from here and get to know my side of the family. She is hoping to find a job and a place to live. She is planning on staying a year and then making different plan after that. I hope things go well for her. I hope she bonds well with the family. I hope that she finds what she is looking for.
*Photography*
Still taking tons of pictures and loving every minute. I still wish I was better but with practice comes improvement, right? Let's hope that's true.

No comments: