Monday, September 29, 2008

Soon to Be Fall

Here it is - Sept 29th, just one more day until October. I am so not ready for fall. Not ready to wake up in the dark, not ready for the dreary looking days, not yet ready for the drizzle that lingers for days, and not ready for the holidays that tend to cause sadness in many people.

I have enjoyed spring and summer this year, I enjoyed the slight breezes that cooled me on those hot afternoons, the smells of fresh mowed grass (even though it made me sneeze and rub my eyes), being able to attend River Rhythms with good friends, sitting on the deck listening to the silence of the night and going to bed with the window open hearing the frogs and crickets sing their songs.

The last few months I have been able to take some good pictures. Mostly because I am taking my time composing them better and I am taking the camera with me more often. I am finding that I can't get my macro shots to come out as I see them in my head. Is it the camera, me or a combination of the two.


I went out Sunday afternoon and took some flower shots at the courthouse. I like some of the but the one I was really hoping would turn out didn't do as well. A small butterfly (?) sat on this marigold for the longest time, allowing me to take many shots. The amazing part is I watched as it fed on the flower, sticking the proboscis in and out, over and over again.


I was thrilled to be able to go to the Fall Festival with some friends. I love hanging out with them. They have such a great outlook. Make me feel welcome. Cooling down with snow cones and walking downtown was just great.


So - soon fall will be upon us, gone will be the days of shorts and flip flops. Soon will be the days of jackets, long pants, possibly gloves and the days of constant rain. Soon will be the days of brightly colored leaves falling from the trees; covering the bright green grass that has sprung back to life. Grass that has been in a dormant state due to people deciding NOT to water their lawns in order to afford gas and groceries. Fall - the time of year for homecoming games, the first queen of the new school year, the time when people start worrying about the fastly approaching holidays.


May you enjoy the wonderful weather we have here in the valley. Remember - you could be living in a place that snows alot. That rain that has fallen for 3 days could equal many inches of snow in another state!!.


Enjoy!
























No comments: